What to do on Valentine’s Day in Genoa
Article updated to February 2019!
Valentine’s Day is another opportunity for us to celebrate love, OUR love. Valentine’s Day is an excuse to dedicate ourselves to US as a couple. Every moment is the right one to give a little extra attention, a little extra kiss, because love must be cultivated day after day. But sometimes between work, errands, and all our commitments, I often realize at night that I haven’t done enough for US. So Valentine’s Day is just one more excuse to be lovey-dovey and dedicate some time to each other! Especially since we became parents, we must not forget to be together as a couple, giving value to the “old team” that built this new family.
But as every year, the moment has arrived when we get panicky and ask ourselves: what can we do for Valentine’s Day??
Well… But if unfortunately we don’t have the opportunity to take off and leave, What to do on Valentine’s Day in Genoa?
Dinner at the bottom of the sea at the Genoa Aquarium
For a few years, the Genoa Aquarium has proposed very cute themed events, they manage to take advantage of numerous events to organize special offers. On Valentine’s Day a very special Emotional Dinner is organized, which gives the opportunity to celebrate in a truly exclusive location!
The evening begins at 8pm with an fascinating visit of the second floor of the Aquarium, usually closed at that time, but on Valentine’s Day the doors are opened to a limited number of couples who are lucky enough to take a mini guided tour among the tanks of the Genoa Aquarium. For the occasion, a special lighting has been designed that reproduces moonlight, you can see some changes in movements, colors and reflections of some fish and marine animals in some tanks and discover new aspects of underwater life at night.
The destination of the tour is the Cetacean Pavilion where the Dolphins will entertain the guests during the aperitif and throughout the dinner, you will feel like you are having dinner at the bottom of the sea! The tables are placed away from each other in order to guarantee privacy for all couples.
The cost of this romantic experience is 140€ per person with mandatory reservation.
Fall in love in Camogli
Camogli is the Symbolic Place of Lovers and Valentine’s Day, why not take advantage of it and go to Camogli for the special Valentine’s Day evening feeling particularly pampered?
As every year, the Association of Traders and Tourist Operators of Camogli and the Municipality of Camogli, with the patronage of the Liguria Region and the Chamber of Commerce of Genoa in collaboration with the Pro Loco of Camogli organize the 36th edition of “In Love in Camogli.
There are many events planned every year for this special occasion!
Hearts and Knots of Love
This year, loved-up couples will be able to send a message of love to the sea! They can simply go to the Info Point or the Maria Teresa Micco Art Studio and each couple will be given a fiery red heart on which to write their names, a dedication, or their love promise to tie to the net placed by the Camogli Fishermen’s Cooperative in the port area. Couples can return to Camogli over time and see if the knot holds and their love withstands the harshness of the sea.
Every year for Valentine’s Day all the restaurants in the area prepare a menu dedicated to lovers, with a fixed price per couple. This year from 9 to 14 February, here is the list of participating restaurants:
- 160 € all inclusive for two people
- 140 € tutto compreso per due persone
- Cucù Camogli via Repubblica 64 Tel. 0185 77452
- Boccondivino del Primula via Garibaldi 140 Tel. 0185 0185 770180
- Ostaia Da O Sigù via Garibaldi 82 Tel. 0185 770689
- Mille e una notte Via Aurelia 31 Tel. 0185 770310 – cell. 349 210832
- 130 € all inclusive for two people
- Da Paolo salita S. Fortunato 14 Tel. 0185 773595
- La Cucina di Nonna Nina Via Molfino 126 San Rocco di Camogli Tel. 0185 773835
- Izoa via Giuseppe Garibaldi 99 – Tel. 0185 697768
- La Rotonda Camogli via Garibaldi 101 Tel. 0185 774502
- 120 € all inclusive for two people
- Vento Ariel calata Porto 1 Tel. 0185 771080
- La Trattoria del Pesce via Garibaldi 192 – Tel. 0185 771101
- Osteria delle 7 Pance – via Garibaldi 133 (Lido) Tel. 0185 777961
- La Camogliese via Garibaldi 76 Tel. 0185 776027
- Enoteca La Bossa di Mario via Repubblica 124 Tel. 0185 772505
- 110 € all inclusive for two people
- Fermento via della Repubblica 65 Tel. 0185 694284 – 347 3622651
- 100 € all inclusive for two people
- Tucca e Leva via F. Molfino 150 San Rocco di Camogli Tel. 0185 776035 – 351 8071591
- 90 € all inclusive for two people
- Taberna Messicana Don Ricardo via Garibaldi 202 Tel. 0185 771142 – 340 3926434.
For after dinner, we recommend a romantic walk on the Camogli promenade, ending by gazing at the stars from the fisherman’s port before returning home or staying overnight in this romantic town.
Romantic dinner at home
The last tip we would like to give you for Valentine’s Day dinner is definitely to take some time for yourselves! It’s not necessary to go out to dinner in some dreamy location, even though Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to do so. A romantic candlelit dinner at home, prepared by your boyfriend, girlfriend or even together to share the preparation time, is the most romantic thing you can do. Let’s remember that Valentine’s Day is the holiday of lovers and should remain the holiday of lovers!
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the Lovers!
Where are you going for Valentine’s Day? What do you recommend?